Jul 21, 2016

OKIAAI Board Minutes 6-23-2016

Date: 6/23/2016

Time: 10:04 AM

Location: Tulsa Fire Administration

Call to order by 1st Vice President

Roll Call (Bold Italic = Absent)

Gary Dill (Past Pres)  Scott Winford (Pres) Jeff VanDolah (1st VP)

Ashley Stephens(2nd VP) Bill Hollander (3rd Yr.)  Tommy Scott (3rd yr)

Chris Woodall ( 2nd Yr.)  Dan Salts (2nd yr) David VanBuskirk (1st Yr)

Fred Henderson (1st Yr), Heather Stanley (Executive Secretary), Neal Moore (Secretary/Treasurer).

Reading and Approval of Minutes: Motion to forgo reading and approve minutes by Gary Dill and seconded by Dan Salts. Status = Approved unanimously

New Membership: None

Treasurer’s Report: Heather Stanley reported balance of $13,689.60.  Motion to approve report by David VanBuskirk and seconded  by Tommy Scott. Status = Approved unanimously.

Committee Reports

Annual Conference: conference will be in Tulsa at OSU Forensic Science Center- 1111 W. 17th Tulsa, OK 74107. Scott will look into Tulsa FD for honor guard and an OSU president will be keynote.  Possible topics are 1033-Frucci as possible instructor, CV prep, and Arson case study. Dates will be Oct 26-28, 2016.  John Frucci – Director of IMPEX. Center for Improvised Explosives will be the featured speaker.

Fairfield Inn and Suites is being considered for conference hotel. Jeff is working with hotel to get a contract. Agenda is currently 2 days of 1033 and 921.

Door Prizes being considered: Cooler, Gun, fire ring, generator.

Merchandise: Jeff will get with Neal to order 5.11 backpacks for conference give-away. Black Spiral notebooks w/pen will also be given away.

Regional Conferences: No update.

Nominating: None.

Awards: We have 2 submissions so far for photos.

Membership:  Heather Stanley reported 110 current members

CFI: Jeff was contacted by a member and is pending training materials to schedule exam.

Website: Website is updated and live.

Report from the Executive Secretary: OSU Foundation gave us a Thank You card and tax receipt for hole sponsorship.

Report from Secretary/Treasurer: None 

New Business: David asked about availability of Arson Reward Posters for distribution. The board will follow up with Attorney Cathcart now that we have non-profit status about the possibility of managing the funds for OAAC.

Date: July 21, 2016

Location: Tulsa – TBD

Time: 10am

A Motion to Adjourn was made by David VanBuskirk and Seconded by Gary Dill.  Status = Approved unanimously

adjourned at: 11:15 AM