Jan 15, 2019

OKIAAI Board Minutes 1-15-2019

Date: 1/15/2019
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Cathcart & Dooley, 2807 Classen Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73106

Call to order by President: President David VanBuskirk made the call to order.

Roll Call: Ashley Stephens (Past Pres.) (Absent), David VanBuskirk (Pres.), Bill Hollander (1stVP), Chris Woodall (2ndVP, Jim Wilhelm (3rdYear) Jonathan Wilk (3rdYear) (Absent), Fred Henderson (2ndYear), Jeremy Robbins (2ndyear), Todd Desmet (1stYear), Tim Reeves (1stYear), Renee Southerland (Executive Secretary), Neal Moore (Secretary/Treasurer) (Absent)

Special Guest: None

Reading and Approval of Minutes: Chris Woodall made the Motion to forego the reading of the Minutes from November 2018, seconded by Fred Henderson, approved unanimously. Motion carried.

New Membership: Neil will advise by email who the new members are from the last conference. There were four memberships requested by email in 2018 that had not been responded to during that time. There was a Motion from Bill Hollander to approve the four pending memberships, seconded by Tim Reeves, approved. Motion carried.

Treasurer’s Report: Neil will email a report.

Committee Reports: None

Annual Conference: It was discussed that the annual conference be Afour days@instead of three days which would either begin on Monday, October 21, 2019, or Tuesday, October 22, 2019. This will depend on Ashley’s schedule as he advised he needed four days for a post-blast analysis conference. Still a possibility for it to be three days. Todd and Bill will go to the salvage yard (Manheim) in Sapulpa to inspect their facilities for this conference. Depending on their availability to host the conference, then Bill will check with River Spirit Casino. Possible issues with the conference being at a casino and then another location would need to be determined.

David will check with Survey Monkey to send out survey questions about doing the conference at a casino and doing a four-day conference versus a three-day conference and will advise concerning Survey Monkey at the meeting in February.

Bill Hollander reached out to the burn camp and they can do a one-hour presentation at the conference.

Per Chris, we need a PowerPoint and agenda to give to Todd so that the Oklahoma Insurance Department can have it and approve it for continuing education. The deadline is August 1stto get that to OID.

It was discussed to get the new list of fire departments from Maddy at the State Fire Marshal’s Office as that list might possibly have email addresses for those departments to use in the email blast. (Have since received list from Maddy).

Bill also suggested putting our conference information in the OSFFA publication and would call concerning the cost.

Regional Conference: None

Nominating: None

Membership: Neal will have the current membership count. There was also discussion how to charge for membership this year such as pend any email requests until August and send an email in August to bill everyone for the conference amount and/or membership amount.

CFI: David is working with Jeff Vandolah concerning the Oklahoma Bar Association credits for the attorneys that attended.

Website: David has spoken with his brother about updating the website with the following information:

  • Adding Minutes monthly
  • Conference information for 2019
  • New P.O. Box address
  • Photograph award winners and of photographs
  • Taking out the monetary award for the photograph for the photography awards
  • Change background picture
    Photography deadline of September 1stand Investigator of the Year deadline of October 1st

Report from Executive Secretary: None

Report from Secretary/Treasurer: None

Old Business: Photo award money needs to be paid to the award recipients for 2018. David will tell Neal to send them $50.00 each.

New Business: The 501(c)(3) letter was requested to be sent to everyone as all board members need to get donations for the conference this year.

International conference is April 15ththrough 19thin Jacksonville, Florida. David would like to go and one other. If interested, let him know by email.

Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at 11:00 a.m., Farm Bureau Office, 10777 South Memorial Drive (go in the legal door on the south side and straight back to the board room). Pizza will be served (thank you Todd!).