Jul 25, 2018

OKIAAI Board Minutes 7-25-18



Date: 07/25/2018

Time: 10:02 AM

Location: Norman Fire Prevention

Call to order by President:


President Ashley Stephens made the call to order.


Roll Call (Bold Italic = Absent)


Jeff VanDolah (Past Pres), Ashley Stephens (Pres), David VanBuskirk (1st VP),

Bill Hollander (2nd VP), Fred Henderson (3rd Yr.), Chris Woodall (3rd yr),

Jim Wilhelm (2nd Yr.), Billy Magalassi (1st Yr),

Jeremy Robbins (1st Yr), Tommy Scott (Executive Secretary), Neal Moore (Secretary/Treasurer)

Special Guest: Jonathan Wilks, Norman Fire Department


Reading and Approval of Minutes:  Motion to forgo reading and approve minutes by Chris Woodall and seconded by Jeremy Robbins. Status = Approved unanimously


New Membership: None.


Treasurer’s Report: Neal Moore reported $12,292.66 in the account. Motion to approve the treasurer’s made by Jeremy Robbins and seconded by Ashley Stephens. Status = Approved unanimously


Committee Reports

Annual Conference:  Called Dave Cusatis and discussed topics for the conference, including electrical safety, arc mapping, and hands on experience with comparing arced wiring with thermal damage.  Discussed the idea of having a social networking, case study and round table discussions, two-hour block on Wednesday after the class. Planning to have Dave be the speaker for Wednesday.  Discussed having forensic photography class on Thursday.  Also, discuss the possibility of having a mental health speaker on Friday along with the annual meeting. Discussed the idea of the board renting a cabin to have a hospitality room and cookout one night.  Discussed the contract with Lake Murray Lodge.  Discussed meals and whether they may be brought in or must be purchased there.  Discussed what we can do with the merchandise give away this year.  Called Teresa with the Lake Murray Lodge to discuss the contract and meals.  Discussed the idea of having a dri-fit shirt as a give-away.  Also, discussed having a coffee mug as a give-away. Kicker and Mckrosky are also merchandise that we will continue to pursue as raffle items.


International Conference: David VanBuskirk and Tommy Scott attended the conference.


Merchandise: David VanBuskirk will continue to get hats for the conference.


Regional Conferences: None


Nominating: Ashley Stephens put forth the idea of developing a prosecutor of the year award.


Awards: No new awards submissions.


Membership: Tommy Scott reported 94 current members.


CFI: Nothing to report.


Website:  Tommy Scott will continue to update the website.


Report from the Executive Secretary: None


Report from Secretary/Treasurer: None


New Business: Discussed the idea of developing a tested stamp to identify that the course has been tested.  Appointed Jonathan Wilk to replace Stan Smith as the 2nd year board member, jonathan.wilk@normanok.gov. 404-434-1441 is Jonathans phone number.


Next Meeting:  August 15, 2018

Location: Norman Fire Prevention

Time: 10AM


A Motion to Adjourn was made by Neal Moore and Seconded by Jeremy Robbins.

Status = Approved unanimously

Adjourned at: 12:08 AM