Photographer: Jerry Berry, Bartlesville Fire DepartmentDate Taken: April 3, 2022Location: Bartlesville, OK Description: The occupants of this home in Bartlesville, OK, were without electricity and were using candles for light. Their large dogs knocked over the candle which was on a small table in the living room where their mail was kept. A straight line can … Continue reading →2022 Photography Competition Winner – Accidental – 2nd Place – Jerry Berry
Photographer: Lee AstonDate Taken: March 5, 2022Location: Cartwright, OK Description: During the remodel of this structure in Cartwright, OK, a nail from the exterior siding which was being replaced had penetrated the electrical wiring which created a short resulting in the fire.
Photographer: Marc Sutphin, Lawton Fire DepartmentDate Taken: September 5, 2021Location: Lawton, OK Description: A juvenile used his bike to stand on and put cardboard up in the soffit above the back door of a vacant house in Lawton, OK, and lit it on fire with a cigarette lighter.
Photographer: Judah Sheppard, OK State Fire MarshallDate Taken: March 14, 2022Location: Marlow, OK Description: This grassland/ditch fire consumed 80 acres in Marlow, OK. This photo depicts the recovery of the device that was used to start the fire. Four matchsticks were taped onto a cigaretter that ignited the grass that started the fire. This was … Continue reading →2022 Photography Competition Winner – Arson – 1st Place – Judah Sheppard
Photographer: Jesse Baldwin, Norman Fire DepartmentDate Taken: April 10, 2021Location: near OU campus on Elm. St. Description: Multiple landscaping stones were used to breach the interior of the vehicle by shattering the autoglass. The vehicle then set on fire.
Entrant name: Jesse Baldwin, Norman Fire DepartmentDate Taken: April 29, 2021Location: Dakota St, Norman, OK Description: CSST natural gas line ruptured from arcing wire in attic.
Photographer: Jacob Stangl IAAI-FIT, Edmond Fire DepartmentLocation: Edmond, OK Description: This photo depicts a natural gas pilot valve that was the cause of an apartment fire. This apartment was vacant at the time of the fire and the origin of the fire was determined to be within the HVAC unit. The fire spread into the ceiling … Continue reading →2021 Photography Competition Winner – Accidental – Jacob Stangl
Photographer: Jesse Benne, Fire Prevention Specialist, Edmond Fire DepartmentDate Taken: Jan 4, 2019Location: Edmond, OK Description: This was an overhead heater in an apartment building. An improper-sized wire nut caused high-resistance heating that melted through a self-made junction cover starting the fire.
Photographer: Travis Rider, Property Specialist, Oklahoma Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance CompanyDate Taken: June 28, 2019Location: Seminole, OK Description: This home had a metal roof and was directly struck by lightning. The lightning strike caused the flexible gas connector going to the hot water tank to breach, thus fueling the fire.