Oct 1, 2021

2021 Photography Competition Winner – Accidental – Jacob Stangl

Photographer: Jacob Stangl IAAI-FIT, Edmond Fire Department
Location:  Edmond, OK

Description: This photo depicts a natural gas pilot valve that was the cause of an apartment fire. This apartment was vacant at the time of the fire and the origin of the fire was determined to be within the HVAC unit. The fire spread into the ceiling and wall voids before being extinguished. Upon further investigation the natural gas pilot valve was discovered as depicted in the photograph and it was determined to be the cause of the fire.