Jun 21, 2017

OKIAAI Board Minutes 6-20-17

  • OKIAAI Board
    Date: 6/20/2017
    Time: 10:12 AM
    Location: Tahlequah Community Event Center
    Call to order by 1st Vice President
    Roll Call (Bold Italic = Absent)
    Scott Winford (Past Pres), Jeff VanDolah (Pres), Ashley Stephens (1st VP), David VanBuskirk (2nd VP), Chris Woodall (3rd Yr.), Dan Salts (3rd yr), Bill Hollander ( 2nd Yr.), Fred Henderson (2nd yr), Tommy Scott (1st Yr), Stan Smith (1st
    Yr), Heather Stanley (Executive Secretary), Neal Moore (Secretary/Treasurer)
    Special Guest: Dean Green, Norman Fire Dept
    Reading and Approval of Minutes: Motion to forgo reading and approve minutes by Tommy
    Scott and seconded
    by Neal Moore. Status = Approved unanimously
    New Membership: None
    Treasurer’s Report: Neal Moore reported balance of $12,245.87. Motion to approve report by
    David VanBuskirk and seconded
    by Tommy Scott. Status = Approved unanimously
    Committee Reports
    Annual Conference: Ashley advised he has blocked rooms at Holiday Inn Express at daily rate of
    $94/night. He has reserved the Tahlequah Community Event Center 1041 N. Grand Ave. free of
    charge but we will have to purchase coffee and any refreshments from them. We will set it up with
    long tables and seating for 130. Parking on the north side. He will get details on coffee, water and
    donuts and look into lunch options. He is still looking into the golf course. Dave Cusadis of
    National Fire Academy is to present (schedule allowing) on the topic of electrical fires with
    possibility of offering R255 certification. Ashley Stephens will present on homemade explosives
    and IEDs with afternoon demo. Blaire Ward of ATF will present Zombie Van Case. The conference
    will be in Tahlequah October 25-27, 2017.
    Chris will work on a new template for a name tag/membership card combination for this year’s
    Charles Napp has offered to present at 1 hour class if we need his assistance.
    Chris Woodall and Stan Smith will work to set up a vendor alley.
    Merchandise: Notebooks will be hunter green and grey/white. Neal will contact 5.11 for give-
    away options.
    David presented the idea of a mesh hat with OKIAAI printed on it to either give away or sell.
    Regional Conferences: Arson for Prosecutors class in Tulsa. June 27-29. Presented by ATF. It will
    include a 4 hours class on Forensic Fire Death.
  • Nominating: Board will work to obtain nominations for next month’s meeting.
    Awards:. None
    Membership: Heather Stanley reported 114 current members
    CFI: Nothing to report.
    Website: Tommy continues to do updates. Conference Agenda will be updated in July.
    Report from the Executive Secretary: None
    Report from Secretary/Treasurer: None
    New Business:
    Next Meeting: July 18, 2017
    Location: Stillwater Community Center
    Time: 10 am
    A Motion to Adjourn was made by David VanBuskirk and Seconded by Bill Hollander.
    Status = Approved unanimously
    adjourned at: 11:17 AM