Date: August 18, 2022
Location: Grand Casino, Shawnee, OK
Call to order
Made by President Chris Woodall
Present: Chris Woodall (Pres.), Todd DeSmet (2nd VP) via telephone, Tim Reeves (3rd yr.), Jonathan Wilk (Treasurer), Nick Nadeau (3rd yr.), Gina Coleman (1st yr.), Marc Sutphin (1st yr.), Bill Hollander (Past Pres.), Jesse Benne (2nd yr.)
Absent: Renee Southerland (Secretary), Ashley Stephens (1st VP), Steve Rhodes (2nd yr.)
Reading and Approval of Minutes
Johnathan made a motion to forego the reading of the June minutes, seconded by Tim Reves, motion carried and approved.
Several requests for membership were considered: Corey Morris (OSBI), Anderson B Watson (Bartlesville Fire Marshall), Cory Leon Hanebrink (Blackwell Fire Chief), Aaron Mayhugh (Muskogee Fire Marshall), Mike Hayley (Muskogee Assistant Fire Marshall).
Motion to approve all requests by Nick Nadeau, seconded by Bill Hollander, motion carried and approved.
The current total is $9650.26, not including a PayPal amount of $139.58. Checks written last month totaled around $800.00. All bills are paid and current. Copy of vendor checks received was viewed, still awaiting deposit.
No new CFI’s
Tim Reeves suggested removing lunch provided verbiage on conference information for members receiving a per diem.
- Marc Sutphin is still working on getting the pipe/drums because of scheduling conflicts. The color guard is still good to go.
- Correspondence from Ashley Stevens stated the Powerpoint presentation totals 18 credit hours. A room needs to be booked for Jeff Polly.
- 32 rooms are booked, and 4 rooms still need to be reserved for speakers.
- There has been some trouble with staff while booking rooms; members need to be more precise in communicating that the code is OKIAAI22. It sounds like members are calling and saying IAAI conference or similar things.
- Krystle from the Casino met about lunches:
- The food court is scheduled to be open on September 6
- A final decision must be made on food 3 weeks before the conference.
- Vouchers are possible for the food court
- Estimated 10-15 per person
- Can hand out tickets
- Can still do a buffet and only pay for the food consumed
- It will cost a little more
- We May have to eat in the conference room
- Jesse Benne suggested we could also do both options for different days and take a survey on what members prefer.
- Tim Reeves acquired another Television for the raffle.
- Door prizes were discussed, and old merchandise and other items like knee pads were mentioned.
- A Foam board was brought up for sponsors to be advertised.
Paperwork issues still
By-Laws: We are still awaiting approval from Bill Cathcart. Copies to the board were provided, and the board discussed getting the information to members. Once legal counsel agrees on changes, we will email all members to allow for 30 days before the conference. A copy will be printed and handed out at sign-in at the conference.
Membership positions: 2nd VP position will be available when Ashley’s term is over.
Ashley invited Chad Oubre, ATF CFI candidate, to get involved with the organization. The Secretary position and Treasurer positions are close to term as well.
Photography contest: Renee has some submittals and will present them at the next meeting.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, September 22, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. at the Grand Casino in Shawnee in the Bears Room.
Gina Coleman made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Bill Hollander, motion carried and approved.