Date: January 14, 2021
Time: 10:05 a.m.
Location: Oklahoma Farm Bureau, Tulsa, OK
Call to order by President
Made by President Bill Hollander.
PRESENT: Bill Hollander (Pres.), David VanBuskirk (Past Pres.), Chris Woodall (1st VP), Ashley Stephens (2nd VP), Fred Henderson (3rd Yr.), Jeremy Robbins (3rd Yr.) (appeared by phone), Tim Reeves (2nd Yr.), Jim Wilhelm (1st Yr.), Renee Southerland (Secretary), Jonathan Wilk (Treasurer)
ABSENT: Todd DeSmet (2nd Yr.)
Reading and Approval of Minutes
Bill Hollander completely read the Minutes of October 2020 to get everyone up-to-speed on what we had discussed since we had not had a meeting since then. David VanBuskirk made a motion to accept the reading and approval, seconded by Chris Woodall, motion carried and approved.
Renee Southerland advised of eleven new members. Ashley Stephens made a motion to vote and approve all as members, except Sherry Montes, as she was not in fire service, but was in administration with Rimkus. Seconded by Jonathan Wilk. Motion carried and approved. Chris Woodall will call her to clarify her credentials and see if she can be voted on as a member during the February meeting.
Jonathan Wilk advised that Bank of the West was completely closed, and Chris Woodall got the Square account set up with our new bank, Arvest. Jonathan advised of the following:
|Transferred from Square One to Arvest (includes a $5.00 service fee)||$231.00|
|Post Office Box renewal by Renee||$106.00|
|PayPal transfer to Arvest||$688.00|
|Stickers and business cards that Renee ordered||$61.29|
|Banking fee (amount charged per month for a commercial banking account)||$5.00|
|Magalassi check cleared||$1,000.00|
|Ordering checks and stamps by Jonathan||$48.12|
Balance currently in the Arvest account is $13,502.00. Jonathan Wilk requested that Renee Southerland write a check to him for reimbursement of opening the account which was $100.00 of his own money.
Tim Reeves made a motion to approve the report, seconded by David VanBuskirk, motion carried and approved.
- Chris Woodall will make contact with all of the speakers that he had lined up for 2020 to make sure they are onboard for October 2021.
- Chris Woodall is not sure about the Edmond venue at this time, but hopefully as the months pass and more vaccines are given that we can do the conference there.
- David VanBuskirk had no luck in contacting 511 nor has he received the contact information from Neal Moore that he used to get promotional items as give-a-ways at the conference.
- Chris Woodall messaged a guy on Linken, Wayne Divelbiss, about promotional items but has not received a response, but will reach back out to him.
- Tim Reeves brought a sample of wireless earbuds to the meeting that had our logo on the ear ends which we could purchase and give away as promotional items. They are $20.75 each, so 150 would be approximately $3,000. This company is out of North Carolina. He stated he could possibly get them cheaper and will reach out to customusb.com concerning a lower price and advise at the next meeting.
- We are pending the T-shirt order as give-a-ways until more discussion is had at the next meeting.
- Ashley Stephens has an account with Gerber Knives and they will give us a discount if we purchase the multi-tool knives from them. They will be $6.00 each, and the website is gerbergear.com.
- Bill Hollander will call Mr. Albano to make sure he is on board for teaching mental health again.
- David VanBuskirk discussed that there were lots of changes on NFPA 921, and Renee confirmed Bill Cathcart went to a class concerning the changes on 921 and 1033 and he is still willing to speak at the conference.
- Tim Reeves advised that someone is speaking at the International conference in April on those changes and we could get information from the International when we send our two board representatives.
- Chris Woodall advised that if we use NFPA to bring in an electric vehicle they will charge $1,000.
- Renee Southerland purchased the business cards and stickers which can be handed out at the conference, and she provided several business cards to each of the board members to hand out to prospective members and requested that the date of the conference be written on the back of the cards when handed out.
- Tim Reeves can get a big-screen TV again to give away.
- A discussion was had about ordering just plan lanyards (150 of them) instead of imprinted lanyards. A motion was made by David VanBuskirk, seconded by Chris Woodall, and the motion carried and was approved to order 150 plain lanyards. David also suggested re-using them again ones we hand out by having the members turn them back in after the conference.
- Ashley Stephens stated he could get some of his guys to teach a four-hour block on 921 since part of his team wrote it and ATF would pay for it.
- Renee Southerland advised that Dan VanBuskirk is checking on being able to revise the website so that more than one person from an agency can be paid for at once instead of paying for each person separately or paying dues separately.
- David VanBuskirk checked with the International and they advised that maybe by April 1st we could possibly be an enhanced chapter where they would collect the dues for us.
- As for the 501C(3) status, Chris Woodall stated he needed to get more information to the tax lady so that she can file for our organization for the last three years.
- Jonathan Wilks will call Bank of the West to see if he can get the last four years’ statements, and it was discussed there might be a research charge to do so.
- Ashley Stephens will get with Heather Stanley regarding the 501C(3) and if she has anything, and Renee Southerland will also look on the thumb drive as well.
- Chris Woodall stated we needed to get Heather Stanley off of the PayPal and Square accounts, and that he and Jonathan Wilks will get together to figure out how to do that.
- More discussion was had concerning the plaque for Neal Moore in reference to our organization’s appreciation for his years of service. This plaque will be in the fire flame design as we had used during the 2019 conference. A motion was made by Ashley Stephens for Renee Southerland to go ahead and order the plaque, seconded by Tim Reeves, motion carried and approved.
- A discussion was had concerning what delegates we would send from our Board to the International Conference during the third week of April in Atlantic City.
- Bill Hollander voiced his request to go and Steve Rhodes said he would go if no other Board member wanted to go.
- Ashley Stephens made the motion and it was seconded by Tim Reeves to send these two board members to the conference and pay allowable expenses. Bill Hollander and Steve Rhodes will attend.
- The next meeting is Thursday, February 18th at 10:00 a.m., at Oklahoma Farm Bureau in Tulsa, located at 10777 South Memorial Drive.
- A Motion to adjourn was made by Ashley Stephens, seconded by Jeremy Henderson. Motion carried and approved.