22 Oct 2020

OKIAAI Board Meeting Minutes 10/22/20

Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Time: 10:28 a.m.
Location:  Oklahoma Farm Bureau, Tulsa, Oklahoma

Call to order by President

Made by President Bill Hollander

Roll Call

PRESENT: Bill Hollander (Pres.), David VanBuskirk (Past Pres.), Chris Woodall (1st VP), Fred Henderson (3rd yr.), Tim Reeves (2nd Yr.), Todd DeSmet (2nd Yr.), Jonathan Wilk (1st Yr.), Jim Wilhelm (1st Yr.), Renee Southerland (Secretary)

ABSENT: Jeremy Robbins (3rd yr.), Ashley Stephens (2nd VP)

Reading and Approval of Minutes

Tim Reeves made the Motion to forego the reading and approval of the Minutes, seconded by Todd DeSmet.  Motion carried and approved.

Membership

No new membership

Treasurer’s Report

The new bank account at Arvest is now in full swing and Bank of the West is closed after the transfer that was made to Arvest in the amount of $13,578.00 +/- in change.  There was also a PayPal transfer made in the amount of $305.92.  One check cleared in the amount of $48.57 which was for Todd’s drink purchase for the Claims Association Golf Tournament.  Jonathan looked through all of the paperwork provided by Neal Moore and could not find the check from Southern Farm Bureau that was sent a year ago for two of their members to attend the conference in the amount of $400.00.  We need to request another check from them per their letter.  Jonathan also needs to be reimbursed $100.00 for opening the Arvest account.  Motion made by David VanBuskirk to accept the Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Chris Woodall.  Motion carried and approved.

CFI

None

Website

  • Dan VanBuskirk now has the disk of photographs provided to him by David VanBuskirk.  David will meet with Dan to go over the photographs.      

Annual Conference:

  • Ashley Stephens agreed to speak on the McGirt case and will have a 2-hour slot.
  • Todd DeSmet will get with the Copart guy (that we met at the OCA golf tournament) who said he would get us an electric vehicle exemplar.
  • 511 Merchandise – David VanBuskirk needs Neal Moore’s source.
  • Chris Woodall has 511 contact through Linkin in this area and will provide to David.
  • David VanBuskirk brought a hoodie for us to look at as a giveaway. 
  • Fred Henderson stated he was not opposed to the hoodie, as well as also providing a T-shirt that Renee Southerland had suggested.  
  • Discussion was had concerning having the next conference in 2021 at the Edmond Fire Department venue versus other venues.  If we have it at the Edmond Fire Training Center, then it is a huge cost savings to help rebound from 2019 cost at the Hard Rock.  
  • Tim Reeves suggested the golf tournament as an option and there was a discussion on how to do this and get sponsors. 
  • Jonathan Wilk suggested having a discussion concerning the cost from the last conference concerning what cost will be spent at next 2021 conference.   
  • A continued discussion was had about what to give away to paid attendance.
  • David VanBuskirk wants to raffle all items from past conferences that are in his storage.  Everyone agreed.  
  • Todd DeSmet indicated that Farm Bureau has a large cooker and he could use that to cook steaks as an option as one of the evening meals. 

Old Business:  

  • Todd DeSmet requested an update on any information about our chapter being an “enhanced chapter” and David VanBuskirk said he would follow up with his contact. 
  • Chris Woodall needs banking information to give to the tax lady that filed the tax return for the last three years.
  • Renee Southerland to send a blast to the members to pay their dues, if not already paid. 
  • The Magalassi $1,000 check needs to be paid to the Magalassi Foundation.  Jim Wilhelm will get this to Billie.  
  • Renee Southerland to check the Post Office Box.  
  • Jonathan Wilk has a login for Bank of the West and will print statements for Chris Woodall for the taxes.
  • Renee Southerland will request a $400 duplicate check from Southern Farm Bureau since the other one was lost.  
  • Another discussion was had about the challenge coins, but since they come from across seas, it was hard to get them because of the virus situation.  Renee Southerland said she could check with Midwest Trophy again on the cost. 
  • Fred Henderson indicated he had not called Dale Wade yet concerning the 501c(3), but he will email him.  

New Business

  • We welcomed new member Steve Rhodes.
  • Need to do a plaque for Neal Moore to have it ready at the next 2021 conference.

Next Meeting

Next meeting will be on Thursday, January 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at Edmond Fire Training Center. David VanBuskirk made the Motion to adjourn, seconded by Tim Reeves.  Motion carried and approved.