Date: March 26, 2019
Location: Oklahoma Farm Bureau, 10777 South Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK
Call to Order: President David VanBuskirk made the call to order.
Present: Ashley Stephens (Past President) David VanBuskirk (Pres.), Bill Hollander (1stVP), Chris Woodall (2ndVP), Jonathan Wilk (3rdyr), Todd DeSmet (1stYr.), Tim Reeves (1stYr.), Neal Moore (Secretary Treasurer) Renee Southerland (Executive Secretary)
Not in Attendance: Jim Wilhelm (3rdyear), Fred Henderson (2ndyear), Jeremy Robbins (2ndyear)
Special Guest: None
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Neal suggested to add in who was not present at the next Minutes. Ashley Stephens made the motion to approve the February Minutes, seconded by Tim Reeves. Motion carried / approved.
New Membership: None
Treasurer’s Report: Neal Moore advised $16,189.27 is our current balance, but he has yet to make two deposits. Motion made by Ashley Stephens to approve bank account balance, seconded by Chris Woodall, motion carried / approved.
Secretary’s Report: None
Committee Reports: None
Bill Hollander has calls into Albanco and Donnie Howard regarding speaking on forensic fire deaths. He and Tim Reeves went to a few places, Double Tree in downtown Tulsa, the Hard Rock, and Embassy Suites. All are somewhat comparable but have pros and cons. Will send an email with further information to vote on.
Jonathan Wilk called TCC and it is $200 a day for the conference room which includes audio visual, but you would have to coordinate with Tulsa Fire Training to do a burn. He is waiting on additional information, but a hotel would not be needed since the conference would be at TCC.
Todd Desmet confirmed that Mark Winthold can speak for two hours and Mike McGee can speak for two to four hours on Infotainment Center on a vehicle. We would need to provide his travel expenses only. Todd Desmet did try to reach out to Sticks Larsen but not return call yet. Ashley Stephens will contact him and see if he will speak one to two hours.
Bill Hollander has not yet called Dave Walker, but he would need to be advised on what he would speak about from a homicide standpoint and how to share information back and forth. We would need him for one hour.
David VanBuskirk advised Barry will speak and needs ideas and we will send him ideas, but Barry needs to commit for at least 8 hours. David also called another lady at the OSBI for logistics and cell phone pings and cell phone tower language who could speak for approximately two hours.
Renee Southerland contacted Harvey Pratt for a one to two hour slot, but he needs to know which day because he has other commitments with the Smithsonian.
Jonathan Wilk suggested contacting Miles King with OSBI that has information on drones.
Neal Moore suggested contacting a marijuana speaker about fires in grow facilities.
Ashley Stephens will call agents at ATF in Colorado to come speak.
* * *
By the next Board meeting we need to decide where the conference will be. Bill Hollander advised that Scotty is not in charge of the burn camp and need the name of that new person at the next meeting.
Regional Conference: A question was asked if OKIAAI needed to get involved to sponsor.
Membership: Current membership count – 85 attended the last conference in 2018.
CFI: Mike Schatz got CFI after the last OKIAAI conference.
- Midwest Trophy Shirts: The Board will decide two to three months before the conference as to what items to order to give away for those attending the conference.
- Photo Award Checks: Received by Neal and will send out to award recipients, Stangl and Zalewski.
- Website Invoices: Will pay.
- IAAI Conference Registration: Chris Woodall will go and we will reimburse expenses / Tim Reeves is going and is sponsored by the Tribe.
- Gift Card: $100 was paid by Neal Moore to Renee Southerland for Janice Menser=s gift card.
- Insurance Credits from OBA: Not resolved yet. David VanBuskirk has reached out to Vandola. For this year going forward Chris Woodall will handle OBA and Ashley Stephens will handle CLEET and Todd Desmet will hand the Insurance Commissioner for credits.
- Flyer: Tim Reeves started a flyer for non-profit. The handout was passed out, can use it when asking for donations. Tim will send to the Board after Billy Magalassi fund is added.
- Discuss and vote on new Secretary and Treasurer language: David VanBuskirk will have to change the language for it to be Secretary only and Treasurer only. David will make changes and submit regarding Section 6 and Section 7.
- Vote on Approval for SSL website change: The website was cleaned up by Dan VanBuskirk because it was hacked. David suggested for his brother, Dan VanBuskirk, to maintain the computer website with SSL security and for continuing maintenance by Dan at $85.00 an hour. Motion made by Bill Hollander to accept this, Neal Moore seconded, Motion carried and approved.
- New plaque from Midwest Trophy: Will be done by next meeting.
- IAAI Invoices by International: David VanBuskirk checking on how the International is coming along with their new system to do invoicing for State Chapters.
- Email Blast: Will be adding Department of Insurance Adjusters=emails during the month of April and then can send out email blast at the end of April or into May for the next Chapter meeting in October.
- Annual Conference Fee: It was suggested by Renee Southerland to increase the conference fee since the amount that was on the website versus the amount that was on the past billings were different. A discussion was made to increase the conference by $10.00 for each day. David VanBuskirk will check again about payments being made online, even though we are supposed to approve each member, but we might could accept payment and then refund if we do not want to approve them.
- Conference Information: Bill Hollander wanted to know how to stay active with Rimkus since Chris Woodall no longer works there so that we can get a sponsorship from them during the next conference.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. at Cathcart & Dooley, 2807 North Classen Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Motion made by Bill Hollander to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Ashley Stephens. Motion carried.